1.What a beautiful thought I am thinking
Concerning a great speckled bird
Remember her name is recorded
On the pages of God's Holy Word.
2. All the other birds are flocking 'round her
She is despised by the squad
But the great speckled bird in the Bible
Representing the great church of God.
3. All the other churches are against her
They envy her glory and fame
They hate her because she is chosen
And has not denied Jesus' name.
4. Desiring to lower her standard
They watch every move that she makes
They long to find fault with her teachings
But really they find no mistake.
5. She is spreading her wings for a journey
She's going to leave by and by
When the trumpet shall sound in the morning
She'll rise and go up in the sky.
6. In the presence of all her despisers
With a song never uttered before
She will rise and be gone in a moment
Till the great tribulation is o'er.
7. I am glad I have learned of her meekness
I am proud that my name is on her book
For I want to be one never fearing
The face of my Savior true love.
8. When He cometh descending from heaven
On the cloud that He writes in His Word
I'll be joyfully carried to meet Him
On the wings of that great speckled bird.
What's Your Interpretation?
Share your thoughts on "The Great Speckled Bird" by Marty Robbins.
No Thoughts or Song Meanings Yet
Be the first to leave a thought.